Monday, September 4, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 11 kilometers (6.83 miles)
Time: 58.30 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, misty, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: I didn't intend to put in a long run but it turned out that way. I got diverted pretty early on due to the Monday morning traffic and ended up on the beach. So I pushed it to the hill at Av. Ejercito and then back on the Malencon. 

After about a week off I felt pretty sloppy out on the road. I made it a point to keep my pace a bit slower than normal throughout so the longer distance probably worked in my favor by giving me time to find my rhythm.

No aches and pains to speak of. My left knee felt somewhat achy over the last week so I was mindful of it throughout the run and nada. I did get a stitch pretty early on though, but I will chalk that up to being out of the swing of it.