Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:51
Pace: 9:27 min/mi

Comments: An extra day off turned into a week-long hiatus. Any number of things were responsible for each skipped workout but the honest truth is I really didn't want to run. Maybe it's the cumulative effect of constant training the last few months but I really just dreaded the idea of getting a run in.

But, I have to get ready for January so the respite is over. I got the run in, but it really wasn't anything special. I didn't have any issues, particularly the right calf soreness that persisted after the race. So, hopefully, this week of rest will have been good for my recovery.

Conditions

Hour: 11:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada