Saturday, November 24, 2018

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 59:35
Pace: 9:55 min/mi

Comments: Alright, finally back on the weekend training train. After going back and forth on where to do this, I decided to just go around the neighborhood and find a new route. Which worked out pretty good, except for the damned hills.

I worked on keeping a pretty constant effort rather than cadence, or pace or anything else. I wanted to run the whole thing comfortably even with all the uphill portions. That worked pretty well as my heart rate wasn't in the highest zone except for about 10% of the run, but all the rest of my metrics were all over the map.

Conditions

Hour: 9:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 53 degrees
Humidity: 62 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada