Monday, January 28, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:43
Pace: 9:25 min/mi

Comments: So the one day I actually sleep in is the day I want to get up early to run. Anyhow. I pulled away from work for a long lunch to get the run in. With a cold front due to push in over the afternoon hours, it was the best way to make sure it got done.

It was actually pleasantly warm for this one. I didn't feel like I needed the sleeves heading out and broke a mild sweat on the last mile. I really focused on cadence, particularly on the uphills, and finished with a pretty solid overall pace. The heart rate cooperated and stayed below the red zone for once.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 59 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada