Saturday, January 26, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:19:47
Pace: 9:58 min/mi

Comments: I actually planned on doing this run tomorrow morning. But with a few hours left in the afternoon I couldn't think of any reason not to just get it done. The temperatures were cool, my legs were as rested as they would be and I wouldn't have to battle freezing temperatures.

This is the first time I did the double circuit of the golf course loop despite that being the best intention quite a few times. Doubling up on the hills sucked but, overall, it went pretty well. My pace turned out fine but my heart rate was higher than I'm really happy with. Hopefully that just ongoing recovery from the races.

Conditions

Hour: 4:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 44 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: Got an ache on the inside of my right knee at one point.