Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 6.24 miles
Time: 57:58
Pace: 9:17 min/mi

Comments: Slept a little late and couldn't escape from the office at lunch so I had to do this one after work. The heat and humidity were pretty much on par for early morning summer runs. I'd consider this an acclimation effort except temperatures are set to plummet over the next 36 hours.

I ran this too fast and worked way too hard for it. Every mile until the last full one was hovering around the 9 minute mark. And my heart rate was in the most intense zone for half of the effort. I expect I will be pretty sore tomorrow and loath to get in the four miles I need to do.

Conditions

Hour: 5:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 75 degrees
Humidity: 84 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada