Sunday, February 3, 2019

Long Run

Distance: 9:06 miles
Time: 1:29:10
Pace: 9:51 min/mi

Comments: It's been four months since I put in a White Rock Lake run so I figured it was long past time. The weather was less chilly than most mornings of late so I figured getting out there on the early side would be prudent.

It was pretty dark most of this effort (the sunrise was at 7:22 a.m. but, with the low hanging clouds, it was darker than normal). That meant few, if any bikers; a plus. Overall, I prefer this run when there are fewer folks on the course.

I did the first half deliberately slow and really only picked up the effort on the final four miles. Even then, my heart rate stayed entirely in the "endurance" level and never got into the upper extremes. Hopefully, I can replicate that on raceday.

Conditions

Hour: 6:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 96 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada