Thursday, February 7, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 38:01
Pace: 9:29 min/mi

Comments: I was less achy this morning than I expected after yesterday's late afternoon run but I wasn't feeling perky either. The cold front moved through early and brought some rough weather and then steady rain behind it. I wasn't eager to go out in that but I'm less keen on a sub-freezing run tomorrow morning.

It actually wasn't too awful once I got out there. The blasts of wind were worse than the rain. I thought I was going slow and steady the whole way but my heart rate was rising steady the first half and then dipped and held steady at the turnaround. No idea why but I'll take it.

Conditions

Hour: 5:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: rain
Temperature: 60 degrees
Humidity: 99 percent
Wind: 10-15 mph gusts
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada