Monday, March 25, 2019

Training Run

Distance: 4.05 miles
Time: 35:04
Pace: 8:39 min/mi

Comments: After slacking last week, I wanted to get off to a strong start today and finish March on a high note. I considered an early run but decided to hold off for a noon effort since the weather looked ideal.

It was slightly warm but that didn't stop me cranking out a super fast effort. My overall average pace was a solid 20 seconds faster than my best effort to date. As one might expect, my heart rate was in Zone 5 a good bit over the course of the workout but less than half of the effort.

Most important, I felt pretty good the whole way. No inordinate fatigue. So the next plan is a rest day.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 57 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Saucony Triumph ISO 4

Injury update: nada