Thursday, January 16, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.04 miles
Time: 39:31
Pace: 9:47 min/mi

Comments: Took two days off after Monday's effort completely kicked my ass. I was dragging pretty hard on Tuesday but felt better yesterday. No major issues this morning so everything looked fine. Except for the weather.

It was raining awful this morning and a dour drizzle most of the day. I took advantage of a long lunch to try and squeeze this effort in so, of course, it starts coming down just as I head out. But, as I told another runner today; rain runs are important because they get you ready for a wet race.

It was chilly and soggy and unpleasant but could have been worse. The rain varied between light and a drizzle, but never really stopped. I ended up with a decent time and my legs actually felt pretty good.

Conditions

Hour: 12:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: rain
Temperature: 50 degrees
Humidity: 80 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada