Sunday, January 12, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.22 miles
Time: 1:05:10
Pace: 10:28 min/mi

Comments: Watched a live stream of the WDW marathon this morning and it kind of shamed me into getting a solid run in today. Yeah, I ran the thing last year but... this is this year.

So while this says "long run" it's by comparison to my recent efforts. It's my first 10K distance of the year but, if all goes as planned, not my last by a good bit. The challenge factor I put in play was doing each mile faster than the one prior. So the first was overslow (almost 13 min/mi) but the last was a bit on the quick side (9 min/mi).

Overall, it felt good to push things a bit but I've clearly got a lot of work ahead of me this year.

Conditions

Hour: 12:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 45 degrees
Humidity: 60 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada