Sunday, January 26, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 10.16 miles
Time: 1:49:34
Pace: 10:47 min/mile

Comments: First double-digit-mile run in, yeesh... months. March 24 of last year, to be exact. The goal today was just get the distance. The secondary goal was to negative split. So I got out early and started slooooow.

The uphills on the start of the White Rock Lake course kind of make a slow start necessary but I wasn't taking any chances. Even when it started leveling out, I didn't do anything crazy.

At the halfway point I let myself up the pace but that got tempered by the hills on the east side of the lake. For the last few miles I opened it up a little bit, but not a hard run by any means. In any case, I got the ten miles and I got the negative split so, bully me.

Conditions

Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: cloudy
Temperature: 53 degrees
Humidity: 94 percent
Wind: 5 mph
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada