Sunday, February 16, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 12.04 miles
Time: 2:09:54
Pace: 10:47 min/mi

Comments: With the half marathon just two weeks away, this was my last opportunity to get at race distance effort in. After the 15K last week, I'm feeling confident I can finish the race but in what condition is an open question.

Started early enough it was uncomfortably chilly but a few miles in and it was fine. The sun got a lot brighter than I expected it to but that was mostly on the east side of the lake where there is shade.

My pace was pretty slow the whole way and I never got that turn-it-on impulse like at the race last week. The distance was the goal today, though. So I got done what I wanted to.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 50 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: Soreness in my right knee at a couple of spots.