Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.01 miles
Time: 41:08
Pace: 10:16 min/mi

Comments: Since current events have pretty much wrecked my hopes of a marathon in May, I am back on the 'maintaining fitness' train. I talked to my coach and the plan is to keep the same schedule framework but eliminate the increase in intensity on the later sections for now.

So, for now, I am dumping the detailed workouts completely and just trying to get the rhythm of the five-runs-per-week schedule. After a week or two, I'll start adding the specific pacings and, later, the detailed workouts.

This one went fine. It would be nice to see some sunshine for once but  no dice. Also, it seems there are a lot more folks out on the trails than usual for lunch during the week.

Conditions

Hour: noon
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 61 degrees
Humidity: 94 percent
Wind: Calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada