Saturday, March 21, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.03 miles
Time:1:02:05
Pace: 10:18 min/mi

Comments: The training schedule I intend to use does not call for super long "long" runs. Instead it uses back-to-back weekend ones with one a bit longer than the other. So my plan this weekend is to simulate that.

The question is which day should be the long run? Usually it's the second day but I decided to get it done today. The cold front brought significantly cooler temperatures back and rains had moved through for the day. Might not be so lucky tomorrow.

It went well. I'm not trying to dial in the pace for now; just get the distance. My heart rate was very controlled until the end.

Conditions

Hour: 9:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 43 degrees
Humidity: 98 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada