Sunday, March 15, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.02 miles
Time: 1:03:45
Pace: 10:36 min/mi

Comments: Welp, with the onset of coronavirus a lot has changed pretty quickly. The likelihood of the marathon even being held in May is dimming by the day. That's a problem because I don't want to increase the intensity of my training for a race and then it just doesn't happen.

The disruption of the recent events has pretty much shot my training consistency anyway. On the other hand, social distancing, particularly the 'stay at home' aspect, makes the need to be running regularly a priority. Getting out of the house and getting exercise is going to be important in the coming weeks.

The plan today was to get a good run in and see how my legs are holding up. It's been raining an chilly (not helping with consistency either) but I got a break around noon. I got to the three mile mark and decided  to make it a long run since my legs felt pretty good.

Conditions

Hour: 12:15 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 52 degrees
Humidity: 95 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada