Sunday, March 29, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.22 miles
Time: 1:06:34
Pace: 10:42 min/mi

Comments: With traffic at the key roads markedly less, I decided to go a bit off the usual route today. The plan today was a six-miler but I chose to toss in the extra .2 in order to go a 10K distance. The variety was a welcome change and the little goal was nice as well.

The downside of this plan was the introduction of a lot of extra hills and a new annoyance; jackasses who let their dogs run loose in the front yard. Needless to say, these animals don't really respect the property line when you run by.

I finished this one a bit under the target long run pace of 10:29 but that is probably due to the extra hills messing up my rhythm. Overall I kept it in the range I wanted and felt pretty comfortable doing so.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 67 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: Soreness in my quads and, later in the day, a lower back ache.