Saturday, March 7, 2020

Training Run

Distance: 4.04 miles
Time: 42:31
Pace: 10:32 min/mi

Comments: Usually when I travel, my running regimine goes out the window. For this trip to Gatlinburg, I wanted to make sure to take advantage of the trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Forest.

The Gatlinburg Trail isn't deep in the mountains. It's a rather basic walking trail along the main road through the forest and gets a lot of walkers mostly. There are a few uphills but no crazy climbs.

It was a little bit chilly so this got delayed to the afternoon. I tried to get the training requirement in (sprints) and did alright but trying to figure out the distance threw me off. Still, a really pleasant run and a nice change of pace.



Conditions

Hour: 3:00 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 48 degrees
Humidity: 70 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada