Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.06 mi
Time: 42:02
Pace: 10:21 min/mi

Comments: Up and out the door a little earlier today. The storms rolled through last night and it was a bit cooler and a lot less humid. So I wanted to get it done before the hordes descend on the hiking paths.

My legs didn't feel leaden today, which was nice. I focused on cadence and keeping the pace in the 10:29 min/mi range (long run pace). I worked on higher cadence on the hills to help with efficency.

None of the run put me in the Zone 5 heart rate. In fact, over half the effort was Zone 3. We'll see if that holds tomorrow.

Conditions

Hour: 7:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 63 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada