Thursday, April 30, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.05 miles
Time: 43:59
Pace: 10:52 min/mi

Comments: Pretty gorgeous morning so I made it a point to get out a bit earlier to beat the hordes of new runners. Accomplished that for the most part and was able to enjoy a bit  of the day outside.

Basically focused on cadence and keeping my effort steady. Particularly on the hills which I was able to handle pretty well. I just kept turning my feet over and never got really winded or fatigued.

The weird part is, while I felt pretty under control the whole way, more than a third of the effort was at Zone 5 heart rate. Yesterday, I felt I was working a bit harder but my heart rate didn't show it at all.

Conditions

Hour: 7:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 72 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada