Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.02 miles
Time: 38:36
Pace: 9:36 min/mi

Comments: The intent was to get up early and knock this out first thing. Instead I got out a bit later and was welcomed by what is likely to be the best conditions I can hope for in the summer: 76 degrees and 78 percent humidity.

Still, it didn't feel stifling like it will in two months when I'm out before daybreak.

I've had a ton of runs under Zone 5 heart rate effort so I pushed the cadence and the pace a little today. I wasn't going full on though. About a fifth of the run was in that range so I guess that's good.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 76 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada