Saturday, May 23, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.02 miles
Time: 39:16
Pace: 9:46 min/mi

Comments: My legs felt good today. Moreso than they have in quite some time. After the warmup mile I really focused on cadence to see how well I could ride that good feeling. The result was a ridiculously strong effort.

I consciously was not pushing the pace hard on this. I wanted a good solid rhythm to get a measure of conditioning, not speed. So that meant staying consistent on the flat portions and keeping my cadence strong on the uphills.

Even with the effort, my heart rate barely touched the Zone 5 range. Suggesting there's a lot more in the tank.

Conditions

Hour: 9:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 90 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada