Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 5.02 miles
Time: 51:15
Pace: 10:13 min/mi

Comments: Running today was like stumbling upon the most disorganized 5K fun run ever. There was a ridiculous number of folks out there. It's pretty clear I'm going to have to start running a lot earlier to avoid this.

Didn't feel too great getting started and the run turned into a bit of a slog. Once again, my effort was half Zone 4 and half Zone 3 heart rate, no Zone 5 at all. I really need to think about upping the effort a bit on some of these if I want to see conditioning progress.

Conditions

Hour: 8:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 70 degrees
Humidity: 81 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: Slight soreness in my right knee at one point.