Thursday, May 7, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.04 miles
Time: 42:24
Pace: 10:30 min/mi

Comments: Had some business to deal with this morning and got out later than usual. It was a little bit warmer but the humidity wasn't too bad. The bigger issue was my legs just felt leaden and tired. Not sure exactly why.

As a result, I had no plans for this effort and my cadence shows it. Despite that, I ended up going a little faster than expected. Only a bit of the run was in Zone 5 heart rate. Eighty percent of the effort was in Zone 3 and Zone 4. Not sure what that means.

Looking forward to the rest day.

Conditions

Hour: 10:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 61 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: My lower back on the right side began feeling stiff earlier this week. While it's never been a "sharp" pain, the discomfort was really noticeable yesterday and this morning. It doesn't seem to be affecting my running thus far.