Sunday, May 10, 2020

Long Run

Distance: 6.6 miles
Time: 1:12:28
Pace: 10:59 min/mi

Comments: I took an extra day off yesterday given how worn out I was feeling earlier in the week. I'm doing a decent job keeping my conditioning going but not much in terms of building up my strength and stamina.

I did the same big loop today as last week, just the opposite direction. It's a nice course except for the fact the first half is going down and the second half is all uphill. At least the sun wasn't beating me down this morning.

I ran this one significantly slower than last week and almost the whole thing in heart rate Zone 3. That's pretty much ideal long run effort. Although I would prefer it on longer distances than a 10K.

Conditions

Hour: 8:00 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: clear
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 78 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada