Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.05 miles
Time: 41:20
Pace: 10:13 min/mi

Comments: After the abysmal effort on Sunday, I decided it made sense to give myself an extra day off. I have run a lot of miles this year and I would prefer not overdoing it. There have been a number of low-level issues -- soreness, lethargy, lack of motivation -- which I don't want to blossom into something major.

The timing was ideal as a cold front pushed through making this morning's weather rather pleasant again. I made it a point to focus on cadence and keeping the exertion level very manageable. Still got a quicker overall pace than I was expecting though. Almost the whole run was in the Zone 4 heart rate so that's about what I wanted.

Conditions

Hour: 10:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 48 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada