Sunday, June 7, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 3.56 miles
Time: 40:05
Pace: 11:15 min/mi

Comments: This did not go well at all. I got up early and out the door in good order. I felt OK and figured all I needed was to warm up and get to it.  But, starting out, my legs felt completely KAPUT.

I struggled through the first mile and it was clear nothing was improving. It was a bit warmer and  more humid than I expected and I didn't see how I would survive the later portions of the run in the full sun. So I cut it short.

I don't know if this was the conditions today or something more substantial. I'll keep tabs on it over the off day.

Conditions

Hour: 6:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 77 degrees
Humidity: 86 percent
Wind: nada
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: I had a distinct soreness on the top of my left foot. Very similar to a tendon pull I had on the other foot a few years ago. Uncomfortable putting the shoe on but no issue during the run itself.