Thursday, June 11, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.06 miles
Time: 43:39
Pace: 10:46 min/mi

Comments: Up reasonably early and out the door. Weather is as good as it can get this late in the year. Which means more morons out there to deal with as I try to get my miles in. In that respect, I am ready for the swealtering heat.

A bit stiff to start but warmed up pretty quickly. I was aiming for a solid effort but nothing extreme. Pretty much the whole run was in Zone 3 heart rate so that's about as on the nose as one can get.

No real issues outside of that. Felt in control the whole way and never like I was straining.

Conditions

Hour: 7:45 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 74 degrees
Humidity: 61 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: I iced my left foot yesterday after the run to address the pulled tendon on the top of my foot. Seemed to help but there was a bit of pain putting my shoe on this morning.