Thursday, July 2, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance: 4.03 miles
Time: 43:56
Pace: 10:54 min/mi

Comments: Finally got my ass out the door early and now it's too damn hot and humid to make a difference. The summer has arrived in all it's glorious suckitude. I felt like I was slogging through knee high surf the whole way.

The irony is I didn't do too badly overall. Most of the run was in the Zone 4 heart rate and I had a really strong cadence through the middle two miles. The hills on mile four whipped my ass but, even then, that mile was faster than my first one.

I let myself get a little slack in June. The goal is to get back into the routine and make a little progress in July.

Conditions

Hour: 6:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 78 degrees
Humidity: 88 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada