Saturday, August 8, 2020

Fitness Run

Distance
: 4.24 miles
Time: 41:09 
Pace: 9:41 min/mi

Comments: First run with the new GPS device. This morning was a mess so I got out much later in the morning than would be ideal in the middle of summer. The temperatures were hot, but not as hot as it got later in the day. The humidity as pretty low so that helped quite a bit.

Just tried to keep it slow and steady and not overheat too badly. For the most part, I accomplished that. But since I couldn't sort out the GPS function, the run got truncated and my times skewed. I probably ran this faster than I should have but not a full minute per mile faster.

Still. A nice effort after an irregular few weeks of runs.

Conditions

Hour: 11:15 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 88 degrees
Humidity: 62 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 17

Injury update: nada