Sunday, September 5, 2021

Long Run

Distance
: 8.1 mi
Time: 1:27:09
Pace: 10:38

Comments: I was feeling pretty worn out on Friday and, out of an abundance of caution, I decided to take Saturday off as well. So I should have been pretty fresh going out for this one. And I was, kinda.

First off, I was noticeably dehydrated. An issue that became more of a problem as the run went on. My legs felt pretty strong at the start and held up nicely through 2/3 of the run or so. The last couple miles with the hills were tough though. 

Finally, the GPS went to shit at some point so I'm sure I ran farther than the 8.1 miles it guessed and I'm absolutely certain that pace is flat wrong. There is no way I did the last two miles sub 11 min/mi. 

Conditions

Hour: 8:21 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 82 degrees
Humidity: 75 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 18

Injury update: nada