Thursday, September 9, 2021

Fitness Run

Distance
: 4.31 miles
Time: 45:35
Pace: 10:34 min/mi

Comments: It's pretty clear I have to get going earlier than I have been. By 7:30 a.m. all the dog walkers (with and without leashes) are on the sidewalks and the HVAC repair vans have taken over the streets. It's not a hell of a lot of fun trying to avoid them all and just get the damn miles in. The other problem is this was the coolest morning in months, so everyone decided to get a little walk in.

The start of this one was fine but not as good as yesterday. I had a lot of trouble trying to concentrate and keep things steady and at an even pace. On the plus side, I never really struggled or felt I was just trying to hold it together and get the thing over with. My overall time dropped a little bit as well, but that could have been the weather.

Conditions

Hour: 7:03 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly cloudy
Temperature: 67 degrees
Humidity: 67 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Dallas, Texas
Shoes: Brooks Glycerin 18

Injury update: nada