Monday, July 10, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 kilometers (3.72 miles)
Time: 30 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: overcast, cool, 60s, mid morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Not a pleasant one. I didn't feel like going out to do it and I felt tired all the way through it. That said, I believe I did pretty well considering. Even though I was dragging ass I could tell I had the strength in my legs to get through the thing.

And since I had a really strong long run yesterday I don't feel bad about this outing. I started with the quick pace I used on Saturday but I was clear I needed to pull back. So I did and cranked out a, in retrospect, decent recovery run. Now a well needed day off before my next three-day series.

No real aches or pains today, just the tapped out feeling. There was a slight soreness in the sides of both feet so I will probably hit 'em with the ice tonight just to be on the safe side.