Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.9 kilometers (5.52 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, mid-morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Another one I really didn't feel like doing but got out and did anyway. I stretched out beforehand but not a lot cause I didn't want to use it as an excuse to keep putting off the run.

The start was not pleasant but I hit a decent groove after the first ten or fifteen minutes and knew I could push my way through it. I didn't really feel like I had a heck of a lot of energy in my legs to that point even though I did feel like I had enough overall to make it through the run.Things went pretty smoothly after that so I felt pretty good about the effort when all was said and done. 

The bigger concern was the litany of aches and pains I got during the workout. At different times the outside of my right foot, the bottom of my left and - this is a new one - the top of my left knee all had their moments. After the run I was rewarded with a bouncing baby new blister on my left pinkie toe.