Friday, July 14, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 9 kilometers (5.52 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Oh, how much difference a new pair of shoes make. 

Started pretty early, did a double round of stretching to get limbered up better than yesterday. My hamstrings seem to be inordinately tight recently. 

Got out and started at a more brisk pace than I expected due to the shoes so I geared it back and tried to settle in. The one downside of the new Asics is I have gotten so used to battling through the old shoes that removing the problem throws me off a bit.

And I was a bit more tired than I expected throughout the run. I felt more like I was pushing it rather than in complete control. Which isn't to say it wasn't a good run, it was, but I still am a bit out of sorts for some reason.

Most importantly, after the run, no aches, no pain, no lagging soreness. Just happy feet.