Thursday, August 10, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 9 kilometers (5.58 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, afternoon run
Location: Miraflores, Lima, Peru

Comments: Tough one. I have felt tired all day and had to force myself to head out and do the run. I was dragging ass the whole way and had to basically blackmail myself into finishing - cause if I can't run through exaustion and pain now, I sure as hell ain't going to be able to at 22 miles.

Not quite sure why I feel so blah. I ate a lot yesterday and carbed up in the evening. But I had insomnia that woke me up for a few hours and I didn't finally wake till pretty late for me. I felt so beat when I woke I told myself to skip the run today but I looked at my running schedule and I didn't want to waste a rest day on just feeling blah.

More worrying is the soreness in my knees. They both feel generally achy. Not painful or anything specific, just sensitive. It may be my inherited arthritis and the crappy Lima weather but it may not. I am trying to shorten my stride and wear the band on my left knee to belay the issue.