Saturday, August 12, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 13 kilometers (8 miles)
Time: 64 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: A right solid run. I woke up feeling rested finally although, when I went to stretch, it was clear I am pretty tight from all the downtime.

And getting started was a bit tough. It was an uneven effort for the first two miles or so. Sloppy and unenjoyable. But I got into the groove after that and just started cranking it out. I knew I hit my regular pace at one point and just put it in overdrive after that. 

It helped a bit that all the weekend runners were out with all their lycra and belt bottles and stuff. I just turn on ROBO-RUNNER and play 'seek and destroy.' Get the one in my sites, reel 'em in and move on to the next. Helps the miles go by faster.