Thursday, September 28, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8.4 kilometers (5.21 miles)
Time: 45 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: The week has taken its toll. I was definitely tired today. I slept 10 hard hours last night and felt like it when I woke up. Getting started on the run I could tell it was going to be a long one.

So I spent most of the route simply concentrating on putting one foot in front of the other and thinking about anything but the distance I had left to go. It wasn't a question of if I had enough in the tank to finish the run, but rather if my desire to cut it short and make it a rest day would win out.

Needless to say, I got through it. I hit 45 minutes and stopped on the dot. The situation concerns me a bit because I thought I was in decent enough shape to handle the mileage I wanted to be reaching, that might not be the case.