Monday, September 25, 2006

Recovery Run

Distance: 6 kilometers (3.72 miles)
Time: 32.42 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, noon run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: Every bit as unpleasant as I expected. I started slow and was desperate to keep it going the whole run. I would have tacked on an extra 15 minutes if I felt better but less than two klicks in, it was clear that was just an idle fantasy.

Which isn't to say it was necessarily a bad run. I was pretty solid with it the whole way and had the goods to get it done. A few months ago I would have thrown in the towel halfway on a day like this.

After the realization it was going to be the shorter run, I decided to throw in a nice long hill to make sure I got a bit more from the distance. I went down 'la bruja' and then returned up the roadway. The incline isn't brutal but it goes a good two-and-a-half kilometers. No real problems at all.

Little ginger in the knees setting out but no real aches or pains to report.