Saturday, September 30, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 9.2 kilometers (5.71 miles)
Time: 49:27 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, morning run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco, Lima, Peru

Comments: Very good effort. Not a record setter or anything like that. Just a solid workmanlike effort. The type of run you feel like you know what you are doing and that you accomplished something when you are done.

Started of extra slow due to soreness and just tried to concentrate on keeping it steady. I felt really good pace wise and turned it up a notch at about the halfway point. The last mile I pushed it up to 3/4 race pace.

I felt pretty confident changing my different paces and had no real trouble doing it. I also made it a point to focus on a steady running gait and not slipping into the sloppy flopping around I do when tired. 

My quads were sore after my Thursday run and most of Friday. It seemed to be better after I got into this run although an ache in my outside quad on my left side (not the IB band, persisted throughout). I had a 'hitch' in my left knee when I got about a mile into the run but it passed after a few minutes and didn't recur.