Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 34:53 minutes
Pace: 8:72/mi

Comments: I woke up feeling pretty tired and it didn't get better as the morning wore on. I felt pretty run down mentally and physically.


So I considered skipping the run but decided to put it in anyway since I had only planned a 4 mile recovery run for today. I figured doing it would give me a small sense of accomplishment for today and, with luck, help me work out the soreness in my legs some.

So I went around the block at a pretty relaxed pace. The high humidity for today made it pretty tough despite the low-impact rate of progress.

I'd like to do a hill workout tomorrow but, if I continue to feel like this, I probably should consider a more limited effort.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: partly sunny
Temperature: 72 degrees
Humidity: 69 percent
Wind: 4.5 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Sin Musica

Injury update: The inside of my right knee was achy at the start and my right quad was unhappy at the end. Somewhat par for the course at this time but I'd like to break the routine. Looks like ice for me this afternoon.