Thursday, October 26, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 58:08 minutes
Pace: 7:16/mi

Comments: Finally... a good run this week.

I woke up feeling rested and with a decent amount of energy. I think this is partly the recovery run, partly eating better yesterday and partly having enough time pass from the long run to get back into things. Having ideal weather didn't hurt either.

I stretched very well and then did a pretty concentrated warm up jog before actually starting the run. I also did a bit of area-specific stretching after the warm-up jog to be extra careful.

Started the run at a nice even, nothing-fancy kind of pace. I knew I had a lot more in the tank than on Tuesday or Wednesday so I focused on keeping a steady pace for the bulk of the run.

At the 5.5 mile point I started warming up a bit and kicked it in for the last two miles. Thats WAY too early for a realistic race kick but I wanted to get to the edge of my threshold today while I had the opportunity.

Overall, a strong run with no real unpleasant side effects. One to enjoy.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 66 degrees
Humidity: 18 percent
Wind: 10 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Con Musica

Injury update: No real problems except for the tightness in my left quad. It is particularly noticeable after the run when I cough. I have to hold the outside of the leg when I do to keep it from tightening.