Sunday, October 8, 2006

Long Run

Distance: 22.5 kilometers (14 miles)
Time: 120 minutes
Surface: asphalt/concrete/dirt
Weather Conditions: cool, overcast, 60s, noon run
Location: Miraflores/Barranco/Chorrillos/Magdalena del Mar, Lima, Peru

Comments: The last long run in Lima. Which makes me a bit nostalgic. It's been a long long journey from my first effort here back in February. 

So instead of my pretty conservative 90 minute run I decided to do the same long route I did a month ago that covers pretty much all of my running along the shore here. 

I started out ugly, as usual. Had a little stitch and clumsy gait until I got warmed up. I tried to keep a solid pace but my concentration level isn't what it needs to be. I kept slipping into my usual shuffle. 

But there were much longer periods of clarity and strong effort. My pace was noticably better than the last time I ran this route (although I did not go as far this time). 

The usual long run aches appeared. The only one that concerned me was when my right knee felt sore in the last 20 minutes. It passed but I need to be careful about adding mileage like this again.