Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Training run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 46:39 minutes
Pace: 7:47/mi

Comments: After a day off and a day slack, I felt a bit rusty out there but got through the effort with a strong showing, nonetheless.

I did a pretty good stretch beforehand but used the first mile as he warm-up. I tried to keep from doing anything at all fancy but I still came through with a much quicker pace than I expected.

Most of this run was through the magic of disassociation. I really didn't focus on my running much at all. Which is probably best because I really haven't felt very motivated this week. Probably the result of the massive mileage over the past two weeks.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 30 percent
Wind: 4.5 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: The usual tightness but I didn't have the knee pain when I stretched my hamstrings, which is a nice change.