Thursday, November 2, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: unk
Pace: unk

Comments: Another limited effort. I got out the house and down the street before realizing I left my watch on the dresser. Instead of heading back to get it I just decided to do the run without the time. In fact, I thought it might be good just to aim for the distance and forget about the pace.

And it worked pretty well. I played around with my stride and footfall a bit but nothing really fancy. My main goal was a nice easy run that got the heart rate going and the legs loose of the lethargy.

Although this pull-back week is clearly a good idea in terms of my physiology, I am a bit concerned about the mental aspect. I've really not been motivated at all to run recently and this is sort of playing into that.

Conditions

Hour: 8:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 55 degrees
Humidity: 47 percent
Wind: calm
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Saucony
Con Musica

Injury update: Nothing today. The lower impact runs has made most of the aches and pains receed somewhat.