Saturday, November 4, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 4 miles
Time: 37:10 minutes
Pace: 10:48/mi

Comments: Brutally slow run but mostly cause I took my time to take shots of the route.

Despite the slow slow slow pace, I kept trying to tinker with some of the specifics of my stride - push offs, ball-heel footstrike and arm motion. I think the key for the short term will be breathing control.

This is pretty much my last "take it easy" run. I'll try and concentrate on my 10 miler tomorrow and next week - although not a full-bore week - I'll concentrate on preparing for the Phoenix New Times 10K.

Conditions

Hour: 9:30 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt/dirt
Weather: overcast
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 32 percent
Wind: 4 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Saucony
Sin Musica

Injury update: The outside lower quads were tight again and the soreness in the left calf is being a persistent problem.