Friday, November 3, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 45:46 minutes
Pace: 7:38/mi

Comments: A bit busy with different projects today so I kind of did this one on autopilot. Dissociative running at its finest.

But it was a good run, nonetheless. I got out and dropped into my pace and let my mind wander while I just cranked it out. Not a bad approach now and then, but not one that is going to get me through the real test of the race.

Conditions

Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt/dirt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 65 degrees
Humidity: 30 percent
Wind: 4 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Brooks
Con Musica

Injury update: Didn't stretch but I had a massage yesterday and so I felt a bit more limber than usual. I kept it pretty slow for the first mile to warm up and then it was all good. After the run my lower calf on the outside of my left leg was achy.