Sunday, November 26, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 10 miles
Time: 85:59 minutes
Pace: 8:36/mi

Comments: Headed over to my sister's house with my cousin Erin to put this one in. As a result we were a bit later starting out than I expected and my pace was a good deal slower than usual.

But my sister had a loop route of five miles to run the thing. So I did the first mile holding back at the "group" pace and then took off on the second lap by myself. It worked out that my first five miles took 46:34 (9:19 mile pace) and the second five took 39:24 (7:52 mile pace).

That's not a bad reverse split practice particularly since I really have not been bearing down on my training lately. I'll need to pump it up quite a bit for the final race but that's alright for this upcoming half-marathon.



Conditions:
Hour: 10 a.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 62 degrees
Humidity: 40 percent
Wind: 4 mph 
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Saucony
Sin Musica
Injury update: The usual tightness but nothing out of the ordinary.