Thursday, December 7, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 38:56
Pace: 7:47/mi

Comments: A late run due to an astonishingly crappy day. I was so pissed off earlier that I didn't run because I was concerned about how it would affect my effort. I don't need to give myself an injury because I was pushing too hard due to an excess of adrenaline from having the red ass.

But it was pretty warm this afternoon and the wind wasn't as bad as it was earlier in the day. There was a ton of traffic, which made me a bit nervous, but I chose a route that kept me from dealing with it much.

I didn't eat worth squat today and between that and my disposition, it wasn't a heroic effort by any means. But, despite it all, it turned out to be a solid mid-week effort.

Conditions

Hour: 4:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 73 degrees
Humidity: 13 percent
Wind: 12 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Asics
Con Musica
Injury update: I didn't feel very good about the calf yesterday. It wasn't too bad after treating it with ice and heat but it was clearly still lurking back there.

So I switched back to my old Asics again and, sure enough, it wasn't as bad as yesterday. It is still aggravated but not worse due to the run. So it looks like going back to this style of motion-control is pretty much a must.