Friday, December 8, 2006

Training Run

Distance: 5 miles
Time: 36:05
Pace: 7:13/mi

Comments: Once again, I took an afternoon run because things got crazy during the day and, once again, I kind of felt out of it for most of the run.

I did have one stretch that was pretty awesome but it was clear I was running with the music in my iPod shuffle instead of normally. That's OK though. It's as close to a Fartlek run as I have done so far.

Anyhow, I'll try to put in one last five miler tomorrow and then on to the long run Sunday.

Conditions

Hour: 4:30 p.m.
Surface: concrete/asphalt
Weather: sunny
Temperature: 68 degrees
Humidity: 28 percent
Wind: 15 mph
Location: Chandler, Arizona
Shoes: Asics
Con Musica

Injury update: The left shin and calf felt tight still but noticeably lessened. I didn't even think that much about it after the first mile or so. Looks like I'm gonna have to get that new pair of Asics to get through the marathon.